12.27.2006

The Christmas Post

I’m back now at work after spending the holidays at home with the family. I had a terrific time over Christmas eating well (really well), spending time with my family, getting to see Sarah and the Hunts, as well as a night to Auld Sheebean for a sit-down with some of my good friends. All in all it was a wonderful trip, and I have to admit it was hard to come back after settling in. Something about the holidays makes me realize how much I need my friends and family around me to really be happy.

Santa was very good to me this year, as he tends to be, and I had an adventure stuffing my suitcase before I had to leave. Unfortunately I forgot about the whole ‘only terrorists bring liquids or jells in their hand-luggage’-rule, and had to toss my hair gel, face cream and shaving lotions at the security gate… irritating. I really liked that gel. Sigh…I must move on I suppose.

I got a new SD card for my camera, and snapped a few shots of the trip, which I plan on splicing together for a little slideshow YouTube style tonight after work. Had them running in a slideshow on the Wii before I left, which was quite heartwarming. Lots of good memories packed into a short trip. Stefan is heading off to boot-camp for 6-months come January, so I wont be seeing him for a while, so it was brilliant to get to spend some time playing videogames and watching Christopher Walkin sketches together before he heads out. Not sure when I’ll be back home myself (which is partially why I am more bummed about having to return back here), but with promises of family and Sarah visiting me in the early months of ‘07 I have some dates to count down to.










No comments: