3.30.2008

The (la) Nouba Post

Last night Sarah and I went to see La Nouba at Cirque du Soleil. I had heard great things about the show and we had both been looking forward to seeing it for a long time. After the final bow I have to say that the experience far exceeded my expectations in every way. I was blown away by the amazing feats and fantastic skills on display, and have never found myself involuntarily muttering “holy shit” and ‘wow’ more than I did last night. Some of the performers have superhuman abilities and simply amazing coordination and discipline. Right about the time I saw a man unicycle across a tightrope with a woman balanced on his head on one leg like a ballerina I knew that we where in for an amazing experience. The characters where excellently mimed and were brimming with charisma. The acrobatics and stunts where phenomenal, and the art direction and theme was eerily unique. The show has it all, and I challenge anyone to walk away unimpressed. I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone by the segment with the four little girls playing with the juggle-sticks simply blew my mind. Much of what I saw is simply beyond comprehension and any flattery I could throw at it wouldn’t do it justice. I urge anyone who hasn’t checked out the show to do so., you won’t be disappointed. I promise.

No comments: