11.05.2006

The Bonfire Night Post

Remember, remember the 5th of November…

Being an official descendent of Guy Fawkes (see the Guy family history) I felt the need to at least acknowledge the holiday I am doing nothing to celebrate. I think in the future I’ll make a point of finding out if there are any bonfires going on down here (what with all the Brits about) and partaking in some traditional firework fun. I’d like to think that in the distant future it could be a holiday that I have people over to celebrate every year, and have a big party. It’s quirky enough that people would find it interesting, and unique enough that I don’t think I’ll have conflicting Bonfire Night parties to contend with. Plus since V for Vendetta, Guy Fawkes is cool, so I think my claim to his lineage will make them worth attending. I invite you in advance. Bring fireworks.

No comments: