11.27.2006

The Thanksgiving Post

It was great getting to come home for Thanksgiving. I left Coolio in the hands of Laura, who did me a huge favor and stopped in to check up on her while I was away. Did a nice traditional Thanksgiving dinner at Ali and Bob’s again which was great as always. Tried Goose along with my traditional turkey for the first time, and enjoyed it alot. Picked out the family tree and got it standing proudly in its usual spot by the stairs. No lights or decorations by the time I left unfortunately, but we were crunched for time and people were coming and going constantly.

I found not having a car to be a bit of a bummer, but still managed to get some quality time in with Sarah (she was home surprising her Mum for thanksgiving), some Black Friday shopping and a few trips out with friends. Watched the always classic Ricky-Oh:
The Story of Ricky courtesy of Eric’s oddball movie collection at Ken’s place which was hilarious. Got to meet Ken’s girlfriend Marylyn too which as cool. Made it out to Auld Sheebean for a little chill session with a few of my good buddies too, which was really important for me. I am glad I was able to catch them on such short notice. Even got a lunch in at Potbellies. My cell phone died on my two days into my trip, so I wasn’t able to call people I probably should have, but unfortunately I rely on speedial and couldn’t remember anyone’s numbers to save my life. It was great to be home, and I am already anticipating coming back at Christmas.


No comments: