9.25.2006

The Out-of-Sequence Post

Wrote this Thursday night. Didnt have a chance to post till now:

I’m not sure if this post will make it to the Blog, simply because I don’t know if this mindset I’m in will last until Sunday when I’ll be able to post it. I’m sitting here at Cromar’s having just packed all my stuff back into the Focus, and I can’t help but feel really sad. It’s the same feeling I had the morning I left Virginia; this deep sadness that I’m leaving things behind. I am fully aware that this was only ever a temporary place of residence while I locked down an apartment, but seeing all my things being stuffed away again is really unsettling. Cromar’s was the only solid, familiar thing I could anchor too
during this move, and now I’m about to leave here for something completely foreign. While I’m sure I will be back here the next time family are in town or if Cromar’s crew visit, but I have this awkward feeling of finality about this step of my relocation. This house is father to a lot of fond memories for me; Memories of family, vacation and days where Disney was the best thing on the planet. I never got a feeling that this was “My Place” during the past few weeks, and I never settled in as I think I will in a more permanent location, but I really have loved my stay here, its been perfect. It’s really strange; I’m missing this place even though I’ll be here till Saturday morning. Am I clinging to what’s comfortable? Is this just another feeling as a result of missing family and friends? Whatever it is, it’s a pretty powerful feeling of sadness, and I very much hope it passes. On the plus-side my address wont be nearly as flamboyant…

No comments: