9.13.2006

The Penultimate Post

Started off my last day on a bad foot and ended up being an hour late for work. I stopped by Mason to make sure my bank account there was closed (I signed up as part of my Mason orientation weekend 4 years ago). Got there before the bank opened and had to wait around to find that I didn’t need to go in (as I had been previously told over the phone) to close it, and that was already terminated. It was weird to be back on campus. Even though I’ve been away for only a few months, it feels like an eternity since I was there. Crazy to think it was 4 years… nuts. Work at MowCow went as usual: Scrambling a little more to get everything done before I had to leave. Rick, Jerry and the guys sent me off in style with a generous bonus and terrific care package of food, which I will undoubtedly be living off of for the next month. I was planning on living off of Easy Mac and Tuna once I got to Orlando, and now I am going to do just that. Thanks a million guys.

Even though it technically wasn’t my last night in town, Dad’s birthday had my last night booked, so I wanted to say my goodbyes early. Erin was waiting for me at home when I got in from work (I was notably late coming in so she was hanging out with Mum in the kitchen when I eventually arrived). We hung out for a bit upstairs until we realized that Jevan and Paul were (and had been) waiting for us down in the basement. (Strike 2 for me). We all headed off to good old Auld Sheebean and met up with more of my NoVa crew Patricio, Alex and friends as well as Mason pals Brent, Sam, Jamie, Adam and Heather. I had a great time, even if I did have to hop from group-to-group (we had to split between tables), and really appreciate you guys coming out to see me off. Cheers for the beers, not to mention the memories and years of friendship. Leaving you all is one of the hardest things I will ever have to do.

Its time like these where I see how much I really love my co-workers, friends and family, and can’t help but second guess any motivation that would cause me to want to leave this behind. Everyone has to grow up, this I know. But I don’t know if I’m ready.

No comments: