10.18.2006

The Second Painterly Post

Finished up my second painting project today after about a week of sitting on it partially completed. The piece is a 3-part landscape spanning three separate canvases, with the main color being red to fit the format of my living room. I wanted something to span the entertainment center that would tie the room together (or at least fill the huge white expanse of wall over the TV). Like the first project, this one has a stylized tree in bloom, and a three-tone color set. I spent more time pushing this tree's blossoms to look more stylized than the last and added a foreground/background vs the graphic effect of the first. Being that this is only #2 of many, I'm still trying to find my style, but I can honestly say that I am as pleased with this attempt as I was with the first.


No comments: