2.26.2008

The Breakfast Pepsi Post

Just Say NO to breakfast-Pepsi.

The concept of breakfast-Coke was introduced to me a good few years back by my lovely girlfriend. Having an ice cold glass of soda in the morning seems like the completely wrong way to go about things, but after trying it out I am a full supporter of the practice. It’s a great, refreshing way to start your day. Honestly, you should try it. If you are really adventurous, try an ice cold co9ke in the shower while getting ready for work, The cold vs. hot will wake you up, put you in a good mood, and instantly make you more attractive. Well that’s what the sales pitch should say anyway.

Anyway. Today I stumble out of bed and wander to the kitchen for something to drink. I rarely stock sodas (or anything) in my fridge, so I was expecting a glass of water, but out of hope and dreariness I checked the fridge. Strangely enough I found a 2-liter of Pepsi- a left over that came free with a pizza we had ordered last night. No a fan of the stuff, I figured I’d give it a shot and see how it compares to Breakfast-Coke…

Don’t drink breakfast-Pepsi. Seriously. It was all gassy and made my nose fizz like I was a 5-year old scoffing down a Happy Meal and drinking through a straw. Not to mention the sheer sugariness of the stuff made my sensitive morning teeth ache. Oh Pepsi, where did you go wrong?? I used to love throwing back can after can. If it wasn’t for Mountain Dew I think I’d never talk to you ever again.*

*On that note, has anyone had any joy in tracking down the new Green Label Mountain Dew bottles? I can’t find them anywhere!?

No comments: